The overall vision for the Strategy is to reduce the number of American homes with residential health and safety hazards, achieved through five goals:
1) Establish healthy homes recommendations
2) Encourage adoption of healthy homes recommendations
3) Create and support training and workforce development to address health hazards in housing
4) Educate the public about healthy homes
5) Support research that informs and advances healthy housing in a cost-effective manner
What does this mean for the FHA Program in NC? We currently see tons of people with Lead Paint issues taken care of (even with Outbuildings that no one lives in). We also have requirements from FHA regarding Well and Septic Systems that would need to be treated and repaired.
With these new FHA Healthy Home guidelines it might mean that we have to obtain Radon Tests – as we get more information about the changes to FHA Appraisal Requirements we will update you! Here is some information on FHA Seller Required Repairs.
For more information on FHA MORTGAGES, contact Steve and Eleanor Thorne, The FHA EXPERT in NC 919-649-5058 at Connect With Us on Facebook,