- Social Security numbers
- Residence addresses for the past two years:If renting, we will need contact information for your landlords
- Names and addresses of your employers over past two years: If you were a student, we will need either a copy of your Diploma or your transcript
- If you are Accepting a Position that will start in the future: Please provide your letter of offer
- Your current gross monthly salary: We’ll need pay stubs for a month, and W-2s for the last 2 years
- Alimony or Child Support: We will need evidence that you are receiving this income
- Divorced or Separated: We need a copy of the recorded divorce or separation agreement
- Names, addresses, account numbers and balances on all checking and savings accounts: Providing the last 2 months of statements is generally sufficient, if the statement only comes out quarterly, we will need the most recent quarter
- Addresses and loan information of other real estate owned: If you sold a property in the last 2 years, please bring the HUD 1 closing statement, if you have rental property, we will need your tax returns and a copy of the lease agreement
- Certificate of Eligibility and DD214: For veterans only
- If you receive commissions, bonuses or you are self-employed: You will need to provide personal tax returns for the past two years, current income statement and balance sheet for the business.
- If you are applying for a NC Housing Loan or a USDA Home Loan: We may need to see your tax returns to confirm that you meet the income requirements for these programs.
- If you are receiving a Gift for the Closing Costs or Down Payment: We will need to have a Gift letter from the grantor, we must also prove that they grantor had the ability to give you the gift, and that the money has gone into your account.
In addition, you will need to pay for a credit report and appraisal of the property. Here’s more information on Documentation needed for a Mortgage Loan in 2012.
If you have questions about qualifying for a mortgage loan in NC, please call Steve Thorne 919 649 5058 – we help people everyday who want to buy a home, and have questions about how to make that work in their particular situation!